Red Rock Ranger District Visitor Center
The Red Rock Ranger Station has an amazing visitor center where visitors and locals alike will enjoy learning about the area’s many scenic wonders and world class recreation opportunities. Here is a brief overview of the services and exhibits offered at the Red Rock Ranger District Visitor Center.
- Recreation Activity/Trip Planning Assistance
- Detailed Trail/Road Information
- Free Forest Recreation Guide with Map
- Arizona Natural History Association Store (Maps, Books, Gifts)
- Sale of Red Rock Passes
- Sale of Federal Interagency (America the Beautiful) Passes
- Sale of Forest Product Permits (personal use fuelwood, rock for landscaping)
- General Forest Information
Exhibits inside the visitor center building:
- Plan Your Trip: Interactive recreational trip planning.
- Stories In Stone: Red Rock Country geology display.
- Honor the Past: Human timeline and cultural artifacts of the Verde Valley.
- The Mosaic of Life: Interactive display highlights the 7 biotic communities found in the Coconino National Forest.
- Fire: Nature’s Housekeeper: Meet a Forest Service firefighter and learn the vital role fire plays.
Outside Displays: Native plant garden, Hummingbird/pollinators garden, Smokey Bear, and stunning view!
Additional Educational Opportunities: Special programs, events, and school activities.
Pet Friendly Notes
Pets are not permitted in any federal buildings, including the visitor center (GPO: 41 CFR 102-74.425). Service animals are the only exception. The visitor center has large front porch area where pets are welcome. There is usually a bowl of water on the porch for our four-legged friends. All pets must be on a leash and accompanied by a responsible person. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet.
Open Daily (7 days per week) 9:00AM - 4:30PM. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.